Dec 23, 2009

Milton Still Lifes



Seasons Greetings to you and your family!


This is an image from my Milton still life series. I shot the still lifes in both 4 by 5 chrome and digital. The 4 by 5 chromes will be very handy when it comes time to show the prints in a gallery. All the images are sort of "leftovers" as well. This image was made possible when my parents neighbor showed me the deer he shot with a bow and arrow. I borrowed the head from him before he boiled it to remove the flesh. I was referencing old Dutch still lifes at the time. As always it was stressful deciding what to include in the still life and what to leave out. I think I got it right after much deliberation. Oddly enough when I was researching other good photographic  still lifes, I could not find much that was pure fine art. There are a ton of "commercial" still life applications but not many solid fine art photographic still lifes. This new series is up and running on my website. Please check it out: Gregfriedler.com

In other news, I will have an article coming out on my Naked series in Exposure Magazine. This should be out early in 2010 and will certainly be good "exposure" for lack of a better word.

Also in the New Year, I will post my new assignment portfolio. I am working with an incredible consultant to re-brand my work for ad agencies, designers, and magazines. 

I want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season and a Happy New Year.

Lastly, remember that Stripped: Greg Friedler's Naked Las Vegas, a documentary by David Palmer, will begin airing in March 2010 on Showtime for 2 Years, yep 2 years! Stay tuned for additional details.